Gaza Community Mental Health Programme (GCMHP) is a non-governmental non-profit organization, that provides mental health services, designs and implements training programs for mental health professionals, conducts research studies that serve the community. GCMHP works with and for a wide range of beneficiaries including: children, families and victims of human rights violation.
GCMHP is seeking to recruit a “Project Coordinator” to work on “Sports for Smiles” project which will be implemented in close cooperation with Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), according to the following requirements:
Contract Type: Project – full time
Contract Duration: 7 Months – (3 months probationary period).
- Preparation of the project plan implementation in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Administrative and technical supervision and follow up of the activities’ implementation.
- Supervision of project team involved in the activities.
- Ensuring that all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to the rules and regulations of GIZ and GCMHP.
- Plan, conduct and supervise regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
- Monitoring and evaluation, including preparation of periodical progress reports as required.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation of the project documents.
- Manage internal and external communication related to the project.
- Control expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions, this includes all invoices, payments and financial reports in coordination with GIZ.
- Organizing administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, conferences, workshops and visits of delegations) in Gaza.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Development Planning or any other related field. Preferable to have high diploma in project management or English language after the Bachelor Degree.
- At least three years of experience in project coordination with NGOs or INGOs.
- Experience in planning, monitoring, following up and evaluating projects' different activities.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic language (reading, writing and speaking).
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills.
- Excellent communication, team work and community outreach skills.
- Experience in computer skills and the usage of office Software packages (MS Project, Excel, Access, Word…etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Interested applicants are welcome to obtain the application form at the Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit, GCMHP headquarter, complete it and attach a personal photo, CV and motivation letter, and hand it in to the following address: GCMHP-Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit, El Remal-El Rasheed St., in front of the Gaza Municipality Beach Club. Gaza, Tel: 2641513.
Deadline for submitting applications: January 28, 2018 no later than 12:00 noon. No application will be accepted after this date.
Only candidates meeting the above qualifications will be considered.
Administrative Affairs and Human Resources Unit